Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation and Concealer Review

Hey everyone. I am so excited to share this review with you all. As I mentioned on Facebook, my family and I went out of town over the weekend. We took a trip to Charleston WV and spent the weekend there. Some of you may already know, but I am a country girl and order many of my beauty products online as I cannot find them at my local stores. 

When we went to the mall I was able to stop in Sephora. This was my first time actually in one. It was super exiting for this country girl.Now my town is moving on up, and with in the next year or so we will have a Sephora much closer and I am hoping to frequent it often. Now enough of my babbling.




I have been struggling to find a foundation that works well on my combination skin. While looking at many reviews and videos over the last month, I had my heart set on trying Kat Von D's Lock It Tattoo Foundation. So when I went in to Sephora I browsed until I found it. I know I am usually very frugal, but I just decided since I was there I would go ahead and get it. Then I decided I'll just grab the concealer too. I have also heard rave reviews about it.


A little information on each:

Lock It Tattoo Foundation:

$34.00 Sephora.com




"Kat created this foundation to provide exceptional coverage, without compromising a smooth, striking finish. Formulated with 21 percent pigment, this powerful formula was developed to match a broad range of skintones with bold coverage—the proprietary pigments can even effectively cover tattoos. The combination of raw materials and the best siliconic elastomers and siliconic esters provide 24-hour wear with transfer resistance. Natural polymers absorb oil for a matte, soft finish and the added emollients provide a velvety texture for perfectly smooth, hydrated skin." - Sephora


Why I love it:


1. Its is full coverage. I mean your not going to see a thing peaking through this foundation. I have a lot of redness on my face. Mostly patches on my cheeks and forehead, but I also have a few acne scars. You cannot see any of it through this foundation. 

2. Its Matte. I wore it all day and never had to do a single touch up. SERIOUSLY, not one. I had no shine all day. Yay!


3. Its 24 hour wear. I don't ever wear my foundation for a full 24 hours but I wore this for 16 hours and I still looked amazing at the end of the night. I was really surprised each time I looked in the mirror because of how good it still looked. 


4. It matches my skin 100%. While I was in Sephora, I swatched it on my neck and I could not even see a boarder. I asked the sales girl there if she could see it and she said no, that it blended in perfectly. I was beyond excited. I can never find an exact shade match. By the way, my shade is the lightest, 42.  There are 18 shades available. Most are pictured below.  





5. I love the packaging. This foundation bottle is gorgeous and it has a pump. This makes it so easy to apply with out a mess. 


Tips for use:

Now you are always going to find someone who says that a product is horrible and it does not do its job. There is no way around this. When I was at Sephora the sales girl explained to me that every person who has ever brought this foundation back to her for a refund was not wearing a primer. It is key to keeping this product in place. 

This foundation is thick, its the thickest I have ever used and that is the reason you need a primer. So it will not slip and appear uneven. Even though this is thick it does not sit heavy on the face. I find it very comfortable.  

I tried this foundation with both a flat head foundation brush and a blending sponge. I feel I get better results with the brush, and I would recommend using it. When applying smooth it into the skins surface in a circular motion. 




Lock It Tattoo Concealer:


$25 Sephora.com 





"Kat Von D Lock It Concealer is a creamy, blendable secret weapon that provides the ultimate, customizable coverage, in four simple steps: prep, conceal, perfect, and set (see details for each step below). The four-step process hides tattoos, dark circles, and blemishes alike!" - Sephora


Why I love it:

1. It covers my dark circles wonderfully. I was using Maybelline's age rewind dark circle corrector. It works pretty well, but I could not apply it over my foundation, because the sponge applicator would rub off my foundation underneath. I find my concealer always looks best when applied over my foundation. This is why I bought this concealer.

2. It does not crease under my eyes. Woo Hoo. I always struggle with this. I am so happy to find a foundation that does not.

3. Its very easy to spread and a little goes a long way. I only have to use a small dab under each eye.




4. Its light weight and looks natural. It does not look cakey and is smooth in appearance, like normal skin.

- there are 9 shades available I use shade 16.




Tips for use:

1. When I first tried to use this at home, only clear oil was coming out of the tube. I closed it and kneaded the tube to mix all of it back together. I believe it separated from sitting in the store.

2. I apply this with a blending sponge. I feel like I can get better coverage by using it as it can get into the inner corners of my eyes easily. If you like using a brush I think it will work fine too.

Over all I think you can tell I am very happy with my purchase. Even with the price, I am over the moon about these. I will continue to pay for them because they work so well for me. If you are searching for a new foundation or concealer you might love these too. 


Reminder: Don't miss out on our Makeup Giveaway. We have 9 great items for 1 lucky person to win!  Please click on the image below to check out how to enter. Its super easy :) Only a 2 days left before I do the drawing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment