Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A little about me.

My name is Scarlet. I am married and have an 8 year old daughter. I have always loved makeup. I just appreciate the way nice make up looks on a person. I started wearing make up in high school. I still cringe when I think about my lovely blue eye shadow phase. As I grew older I just basically put my makeup on the same way. 3 colors on my eyes, foundation applied with my hands, no blush or lip stick, black mascara and eye liner, and set it all with powder and I was out the door in 15-20 minutes. I do not think my makeup looked horrific, but at times my eye shadow was a little dark and you could often see the lines from where my eye shadows merged. Not so awesome as you can imagine.
Today, I am finding out all sorts of great makeup tips. As they say your never to old to learn something new. I have realized that rubbing my foundation in with my hands is a no no and have since started using a stippling brush to achieve a more flawless finish. I have learned to love and embrace the use of my blending brush so my eyes do not have color boarder lines. I also have learned to just take time to care for my skin, to moisturize and nourish it. These are only a few things I have come to change in my routine in the last few years.
I enjoy sitting at my makeup stand jamming to Maroon 5 and trying new looks. When I reflect on my past realize I never wore lip stick and blush because I was intimidated by them. I never knew the correct shades and often I found that the ones I liked in the tube looked horrible on me. Now I wont leave the house without either.
I guess what I am trying to say is this blog is about my growth and discovery as I try new things in the makeup world. I know there are many out there who know more than I and some who don’t. So I would like to encourage everyone to share any tips you may have or products you have fallen in love with. I will add as many DIY items as I can because who doesn’t wanna save some cash?
Well that’s all from me for now. Thanks for reading and check back periodically to see new posts.
Also please check out our facebook page and give it a like: https://www.facebook.com/makeupmadness1128?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

No comments:

Post a Comment