Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Whiten Your Teeth at Home!

I don't know about you, but I am always looking for ways to whiten my teeth that are affordable. I love coffee and with that love comes the price of coffee stained teeth. Over the years I have tried so many do it yourself whitening kits. Strips, tooth pastes, uv lights, and more. I have even paid $800 to have my teeth professionally whitened at my dentists office.




Finding away that works and is affordable can often be hard. After many attempts I have finally found something that works and it is Activated Charcoal.


Photo: amazon.com

You may be asking yourself how taking a pill is going to whiten your teeth? Well you don't take it at all. Its whats in them that will make your teeth look amazing. You can buy Activated Charcoal two ways, in powder form and in a capsule. I use the capsules. Activated charcoal works by absorbing the staining on the teeth and removing them. It can also kill bacteria in the mouth preventing tooth decay and gingivitis, leading to less cavities.  Now lets go get whiter teeth. 


Whitening Your Teeth With Activated Charcoal:

Items needed:

-Activated Charcoal
-Tooth Brush
-Tooth Paste
-Small cup or container
-Paper towels

1. Once you have gathered all of your items, head to your bathroom sink as this process can be messy. 

Photo:strapharm.fm


2. Take one capsule from the bottle and open it up. This can be tricky. Make sure you open it over your container to prevent spilling it all over the bathroom. Sometimes the capsule can be very stubborn and will not pull apart. In that case poke the bottom of one side of the capsule with a needle, then squeeze and roll the capsule around between your fingers to get the powder out of the capsule. 

Photo: Instructables.com

The reason I use the capsules is because 1 capsule is the amount of powder you need. So its already measured out for you. 


2. Wet your tooth brush and apply a small amount of tooth paste. The tooth paste will help the charcoal adhere to the brush. 


Photo: sensorysavy


3. Now rub your tooth brush in the Activated Charcoal powder until saturated. 


Photo: theunextream.com


4. Now just brush your teeth as you normally would. Be prepared that this will make your mouth and teeth black. Don't worry though, because as soon as you rinse and rebrush your teeth will be back to normal, just a few shades lighter. 
Photo:lifeoflorie.com


5. You want to brush your teeth with the Activated Charcoal for 2 minutes. 


Photo:sharpsolutionsnq.com


6. After your 2 minutes are up, rinse your mouth and tooth brush clean. Then brush your teeth like you normally would to remove the remaining charcoal.  


Photo: worldtruth.info


7. Clean up any remaining charcoal on sink and counter top as it may stain. 

Your teeth will be at least one shade lighter after the first time. Continue daily for 2 weeks or until you reach your desired shade of whiteness. Then do once every week or two to maintain your new pearly whites. 


I saw results immediately. I got my Activated Charcoal from my local CVS Pharmacy for $10, but you can find it on amazon HERE. Amazon also sells it in the powder form. Out of all of the whitening products I have ever used, this is by far the best. If you give this a try, leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it. 



*Reminder: Don't miss out on our facebook giveaway. There are 9 great items included. Click on the picture below to learn how to enter. :)















5 comments:

  1. I admit that I am wine and coffee lover that's why my teeth have become yellow over time. I want to try the activated charcoal but I am afraid that this home remedy will not give me the desired result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a bright, white smile is important in this day and age and it is great to see someone posting a safe way to whiten teeth at home. There are many home remedies posted online that actually destroy the enamel on teeth as they whiten. Since teeth whitening in at a dental office is so expensive, this is a method I will definitely have to try.

    Alessandra Landers @ My Maryville Dentist

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought this would work until I tried it, and I actually did notice a difference. What I did was take a very close up picture before, then a week after the treatment I took another and the color is definitely whiter. Considering the cost of treatments, this is a great way to save money and to keep my smile white.

    Milton Wilson @ A+ Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for writing such a compelling blog post. It really hits home with me. I take great pride in my appearance and sometimes these the methods that I choose can be such an expense. My love for coffee is probably criminal, but I digress. Having affordable methods of whiting my teeth is important thanks to you, its still possible.

    Freddie Gray @ Ballantyne Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Activated charcoal slimming seems something as a magic pill that can remove those extra pounds right before our eyes ,charcoal

    ReplyDelete