Apple Cider Vinegar:The main ingredient you will need for this DIY is Apple Cider Vinegar. Apple Cider Vinegar is a common house hold item used for recipes and even cleaning. In many cases it is also used for the treatment of some ailments. The best thing about Apple Cider vinegar is that it is versatile and cheap.
Whats a Skin Tag?Skin tags are small, harmless growths of extra skin. They often hang from the body part or region where they are found. They are most commonly found on over weight people, but anyone can get them. No one knows the exact cause of these growths, but doctors agree they are benign and harmless.
Most of the time Skin tags are painless. It really depends on their location on the body. I have a friend that had one on his inner thigh. Every time he would work out or run the tag would rub against his shorts. Over time it became very sore and would even rip open and bleed. For him it was very painful. He decided to tie a piece of string around it tightly, this closes off the blood flow to it. Eventually it fell off. It took 3 month though and was very uncomfortable.
The method I am telling you about today is pain-free and relatively easy. Here is what you will need:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cotton ball
- Tooth Pick
How to remove a Skin tag with Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Clean the area around the skin tag with a mild soap.
- Dry off the area.
- Gently scratch the skin tag with a tooth pick. You really want to be gentle, do not scratch until the point of bleeding. Just enough to roughen up a bit of the skin to allow the vinegar to penetrate the tag.
- Apply Vaseline to the area around the skin tag , this will keep that skin protected from the vinegar.
- Cut your cotton ball to the size of your skin tag.
- Soak a cotton ball in Apple Cider Vinegar and then squeeze out the remainder.
- Now apply the cotton ball to your skin tag.
- Cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it in place over night.
- Remove the bandage and cotton ball in the morning, then wash the area with water and soap.
- Repeat nightly for 3-4 days. The skin tag will darken and fall off.
Now after the removal process, there will be a red spot left where the tag fell off. This is from the blood supply that use to be in the area giving life to the tag. It cna take up to a year for this spot to fade back to your natural skin tone. However a dab of concealer will even it out nicely, if its in an easy to spot place.
I hope this tip helps you or a friend who may suffer from skin tags.
*Also before you try this method, talk with your doctor to insure you do indeed have a skin tag. Do not use this to remove moles because (in rare cases) they could be cancerous. I do not want anyone to risk the spread of cancer, so simply ask your doctor to take a look and confirm it is a skin tag.