Age Spots are an annoyance for many people. Age spots are also called Liver spots, Sun spots, or Lentigines. They are generally caused by repeated sun damage to the skins surface, but can also be caused by impaired liver function or nutritional deficiencies.
Age Spots appear on the skin as flat, yellow or brown discolorations and are usually harmless. The are most commonly seen in people over the age of 40.
Here are a 4 ways to treat these at home:
Lemon Sugar Scrub
1. Pour 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice into a small bowl.
2. Add 1/2 tsp of granulated sugar to the bowl and whisk together.
3. Once combined, dab a cotton ball into the mixture and apply to your sun spots.
4. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
5. Rinse with cool water, pat dry with a towel, and apply a moisturizer.
- Repeat once a week until sun spots fade.
- The acid in the lemon will fade the spot while the sugar exfoliates the skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Onion:
1. Finally chop 1 small onion. Use a strainer or cheese cloth to push out the juices from the onion.
2. Place in a small bowl with with and equal amount of Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix.
3. Dab on skin with cotton ball. Leave on for at least 30 minutes.
- Repeat daily until sun spot is gone.
1. Simply rub Castor oil onto the age spots in the morning and at night.
- Spots should be greatly improved in 1 month.
Aloe Vera Gel:
1. Simply rub onto area twice daily.
- Improvements should be seen in 1 month.
Reminder: Don't miss out on our Makeup Giveaway. We have 9 great items for 1 lucky person to win! Please click on the image below to check out how to enter. Its super easy :)