Tuesday, May 5, 2015

My Sephora's Grand Opening

Hello everyone! I promised I would write about my trip to Sephora on Friday. As some of you know my town just got a Sephora and they held their opening sale last Friday. As an incentive to bring customers in they gave away 650 Sephora makeup bags filled with samples and 100 gift cards to the first 100 customers through the doors. One card was $100, four were $50, the remainder $5. We did not know the dollar amounts of the cards until we got to the sale.






I went with my Sister-in-law and a good friend. We left my house around 5am and arrived at the mall around 5:30 a.m. Sephora opened at 10 a.m. It was a long and cold 4 hours. It seemed to get colder as the time went on. We got there in the nick of time and I was 8th in line. Pretty darn good if you ask me. For a few hours people slowly showed up but about an hour before they opened there was over 350 people lined up.






This is around 7 a.m.:



8 a.m.:



9 a.m.:

 10 minutes before the sale started:


About half way through our wait the manager came out and asked us to take a selfie and post it to instagram as #sijcp. Here is mine. Please forgive my poor attempt at makeup as I put it on at 4 a.m. My husband was fast asleep and I did not want to wake him, so I only had the light from my makeup mirror to guide me. 

When they finally opened the doors I was relived to say the least. We were lead through JC Pennys down isles with workers on the side lines clapping. It was awkward. So to deal, I gave my best beauty queen wave.lol. Once we reached the Sephora entrance we were handed our beauty bags, inside was our gift card. Mine was for $5 as were my friends. No big money for us. 




When we finally started to shop it was hard, they let all 350 plus people in at the same time. It was nearly impossible to get from one side of the store to the other. It took me and my friends an hour to grab a few items and get outta there. I grabbed the Anastasia of Beverly Hills contour kit and an Urban Decay long lasting Eyeshadow Primer Potion and we ran outta there. The line inside Sephora to pay was so long that they opened registers in JC Pennys and we went out there to pay. 



When I was checking out I asked the sales girl if it was possible for me to get a small Sephora bag for my daughter to have. My daughter is 8 and loves playing dress up. She has heard her aunt and I talk about Sephora forever. When she found out we were going, it broke her heart that she had school and could not come. The sales girl gave me one and a piece of red tissue paper. I stopped by the store on the way home and picked up a few play beauty items for her.



When I picked my daughter up from school, I had the bag hidden behind my back. When she came out I pulled it out to show her. She screamed and ran all the way too me with a huge smile on her face. She is still talking about it today. The Sephora lady really made her day by giving me that bag and I am truly grateful. If you have ever been to a Sephora then you know why its not even possible to buy play make up from there. One Sephora brand eyeshadow is $15 and I love my daughter but I am not paying $15 for play makeup. 

All in all, we had a great time. I made a few new friends in line, and we got some awesome makeup. I have not tried my stuff yet, as to be honest I am still recovering from a night f no sleep. I am hoping to give them a try on Monday at the latest. I will be writing a review on both items and a few items I picked up from Elf after wards. So keep your eyes peeled for them. 





4 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, I was infected with the herpes virus and I got cured of the herpes virus few months ago after i contacted Dr Ekpiku. I saw a post on the internet after i have seek healing for several years from different doctors in California. I sent the Doctor a request for help, just a few email i followed his instruction and he sent me the medication after i paid him. Now i am negative and i referred him to all my friend who had this same sickness and they have gotten their cure too. You can contact him via his email. Ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com or Ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com Phone call: +2348073673757. While i was on his medication i understood that he can also cure HERPES, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, Male/female menopause, Miscarriage, Menstruation problems, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, EPILEPSY, GONORRHEA, LASSA FEVER, OBESITY, KIDNEY FAILURE, HYPERTENSION, FIBROID TUMOR and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection cant cure. I''ve seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people lives. i read testimonies online how they were cured of herpes, HIV, diabetics, cancer etc by Dr. Willams herbal medicine, so i decided to contact him because i know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with herpes for the past 9 months but Dr. Willams cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but they were cured too. Contact Dr. Willams via email on: dr.harrissonwillams@aol.com Whatsap no: +1 (213) 349-2159.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. +2349056460552   I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number ‪+2349056460552He can also cure so many sickness{1}HIV And AIDS {2}Diabetes{3}Epilepsy {4}Blood Cancer {5}HPV {7}ALS {8}Hepatitis


    ReplyDelete