Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Maybelline Master Prime Vs. E.l.f Poreless Face Primer

Hey beauties! Today I have a Primer Showdown for you. When I was at Ulta last month I bought Maybelline's Master Prime Blur and Smooth. It was $9.99. I like it pretty well, but when I was out at old navy 2 weeks ago I picked up Elfs Poreless Face Primer, mostly because I was there, It was there, and I have been wanting to try it. It was $8. I will tell you now that walmart and elf both have it on their web site for $6, which means that Old Navy is all about the pocketing. I'm really not surprised about that. Just Saying! Now I hope you guys realize just how much I love you all, because I am going into the nitty gritty with these two and I will hold nothing back. 


I got the blur and smooth. I also got the wrong image when I made this. Sorry. 

Okay lets start the play by play!

Round 1:

You get 1 oz with the Master prime, however with Elf you only get 0.48oz. Elfs is less then 1 oz. Though the packaging is big enough to hold an ounce, probably more to be honest. So if you do the math you will see with Maybelline you are paying $5 for half an ounce and with elf you are paying $6 for even less then that. Since Elf is suppose to be a low end beauty manufacture, I am less then impressed.  Round 1 goes to Maybelline!




 Round 2:

I was super excited about elfs primer having a pump! To me that is a bit of a plus. However, I am not happy with being miss led. When you buy this, it is in a sealed plastic box. There is no testing first. I know why now. As you can see from the picture below, I have discovered a secret that I am betting elf does not want us to know. Over a 3rd of the bottle is empty. I was looking at the bottle trying to figure out why it felt so light. That's when I noticed a small hole in the bottom of the blurry plastic case. Its made to look like you get a full bottle, that's why the plastic is blurry, it makes the white plastic look like product. So I untwisted it and pulled the pumping mechanism out of the blurry plastic casing, flipped it over and discovered the truth. 



The arrow above is pointing to the very bottom of the plastic plug. It extends up the the darker ring above the arrow. Below, I actually marked it on the plastic tubing, this way you can have a clearer visual. Needless to say Round 2 also goes to Maybelline! I need a company that is not only affordable but that I can trust. 




Round 3:

This is the final round and its all about results. I have wore  Master Prime for around 3 weeks every day. It fills in the few lines I do have and does wonders on blurring my pores. I do have some bigger ones on my cheeks close to my nose and on my nose. Once I apply this you are not going to see any of them. I don't have to work on it and it stays all day. I have been to many of my daughters softball games and practices in this and even in the heat Maybelline holds up.

I wore Elfs today, I was at my daughters game from 5:30-7:00. I had not been out there for more then 30 minutes and I could literally feel my makeup sliding down my face. I looked in my purse and found a Kmart flier, I folded it up grade school style to make a fan. I had to fan my face the entire game, even with that by the time I left the game my makeup was a mess. It looked horrid! When I applied it, I still had pores showing on my nose and I could not get them covered, but it was to late to start over so I just went with it and hoped no one would notice. 

So you guessed it Round 3 also goes to Maybelline! I never thought I would say that. I usually love elf products and the savings that come along with them. I told you I would tell it to you straight and I did. I will never purchase this elf product again. I am going to wait until winter and try it again then. I am hoping that it will stay better in the colder weather. If that fails, then at least I can push down the plug and reuse the pump bottle. So my $8 will not be a total waste. 




You can find these products here: Maybelline  /  Elf

If you enjoy reading my post please scroll up to the top of this page and click the button above my photo to join my circle. This way you will never miss a post and it will help my blog grow. Thank you for your continued support! I enjoy sharing all of my experience with you. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, I was infected with the herpes virus and I got cured of the herpes virus few months ago after i contacted Dr Ekpiku. I saw a post on the internet after i have seek healing for several years from different doctors in California. I sent the Doctor a request for help, just a few email i followed his instruction and he sent me the medication after i paid him. Now i am negative and i referred him to all my friend who had this same sickness and they have gotten their cure too. You can contact him via his email. Ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com or Ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com Phone call: +2348073673757. While i was on his medication i understood that he can also cure HERPES, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, Male/female menopause, Miscarriage, Menstruation problems, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, EPILEPSY, GONORRHEA, LASSA FEVER, OBESITY, KIDNEY FAILURE, HYPERTENSION, FIBROID TUMOR and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natural herbs have cured so many illness that drugs and injection cant cure. I''ve seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people lives. i read testimonies online how they were cured of herpes, HIV, diabetics, cancer etc by Dr. Willams herbal medicine, so i decided to contact him because i know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with herpes for the past 9 months but Dr. Willams cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but they were cured too. Contact Dr. Willams via email on: dr.harrissonwillams@aol.com Whatsap no: +1 (213) 349-2159.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete