Tuesday, April 7, 2015

DIY: Vitamin E Makeup Remover Pads.

Hey everyone! Today I ran out of my homemade makeup remover pads, so I thought I would show your guys how I make them. These are super easy to make and will leave your skin feeling baby soft and clean.




There are a lot of recipes with many variations on how to make these. I choose to use ingredients that I know will get the job done, while also leaving my skin clean and refreshed. That is why I choose to use Vitamin E oil in my wipes.


Vitamin E oil has many beauty benefits. It treats scaring by penetrating the pores. This is great for people who have scarring from acne on their face. It really helps to remove the redness of scars and is often used on burns for this reason. Another reason is that it improves the texture and helps prevent skin irritations. If you check your moisturizing cream, 9 times out of 10 one of the ingredients will be Vitamin E oil.

Now that you know a little more about Vitamin E, lets jump into the tutorial.





What you need:


  • Coconut Oil
  • Vitamin E Oil
  • Purified Water
  • Baby Wash/Shampoo
  • 1 Package Cotton Rounds
  • Container with air tight lid


You may have already guessed that I will be using a double broiler to mix all of this together. You can use a bowl and place it in the microwave. I choose not to do this with any project containing oils or petroleum products for 2 reasons. 

The first is that it takes forever. You have to put it in the microwave over and over for 30 second increments until you get the Cocoa Nut Oil to melt. Secondly, its not that safe, all microwave styles vary in the amount of energy they create. If you cook your oil too long in the microwave, it can catch fire. I don't know about you, but I don't need any of that going on in my home. 

When you use a double broiler, it only takes a minute or so to melt and you can keep your eye on it while you prep for the rest of the project. 


1. Prepare your double broiler. I did not have a large glass bowl, so I used a small cake pan this time. Also, place your cotton rounds into your container. 

2. Measure 2 cups of filtered water, 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Nut oil, 1 Teaspoon of Vitamin E oil, and 2 Tablespoons of Baby Wash.
My 1 cup measuring cup ran away and I could not find it :)



This is the baby wash. 


3. Place all in your double broiler pan. 


4. Turn on the burner to low medium heat. Stir occationally until melted. 

This is mesmerizing to look at. Like magical glittery goodness. Don't worry you wont have a sparkly face after using.


5. Carefully pour all of this into your container. 


6. Now push the cotton rounds down to absorb all the mixture.  It will be very warm so be careful. 



8. And you are all done. 



These pads are amazing. I only have to use one to remove all of my makeup. The best thing about them is the way your skin feels after. I don't think I can describe just how it feels, but my skin feels very smooth, soft, and super clean. Way better then any makeup wipe I have ever used. I really hope you will give them a try. You wont regret it. 

Here is a picture of one I used to remove my make up. I know some may think its gross, but I just wanted to show you how well they work. So if this sorta thing grosses you out, back out now. lol



Here it is: This baby takes off all my eye shadow, foundation, blush, lip stain, eye liner, mascara, and brow liner. Its truly a gem and makes my night time routine so much easier. 


Reminder: Don't miss out on our Makeup Giveaway. We have 9 great items for 1 lucky person to win!  Please click on the image below to check out how to enter. Its super easy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment