Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Review: NXY Waiting for Tonight Palette

Hey everyone! Today I am doing a review of the NXY "Waiting for Tonight Palette". This palette has been around for awhile, but I never had an opportunity to get my hands on it for a great price. 2 weeks ago that opportunity came. I received and email from Ipsy.com saying that it was a promo on their site that week. I was able to get it for $20.00 USD. 




When the Palette first came out it was $35, its is now available from nxycosmetics.com for $30. Needless to say, I purchased it quickly. I am going to go ahead and apologize for my photos. I took the pictures of the swatches at night and I had a hard time getting the lighting the way I wanted. However, I think they will do. :)
I did not think to take a picture of the whole palette. I wanted you to be able to see it open. Its a very big palette around 7 inches long by 4 inches wide and 2.65 oz.



This Palette comes with:
  • 32 Eye shadows- 13 are matte.
  • 3 Concealers
  • 4 Eyebrow colors 
  • 4 Lip shades
  • 2 Blushes
  • 1 Bronzer



The Eye shadows:
  • Are very soft.
  • They are all highly pigmented.
  • These go on smoothly and easily.
  • Very easy to blend.
  • Have a long wear time.
  • I already said it but I'll do it again. Yay for 13 matte shades. 


  
The Eyebrow colors:

  • Highly pigmented.
  • Can be used as additional matte shades.
  • easy to apply. 
Blushes:
  • Highly pigmented.
  • Go on smoothly.
  • Nice rosy colors.
Bronzer:
  • Love this. The color is fantastic.
  • A little goes a long way.
  • Smooth, easy application. 
Concealers:
  • Creamy.
  • Provide medium coverage.
  • Not my favorite, but will do in a pinch.
Lip Glosses:
  • Are okay
  • Very basic gloss
  • Very sticky
  • Will do in a pinch
Applicator Brushes:
  • Nothing to write home about.
  • I gave them to my daughter to play with.
  • If you have your own use them. 

Swatches

Eyeshadow: Row by row, left to right. 

My flash is crazy on this image. Sorry.





Eye Brow Powders:


Blush and Bronzer:



Concealers and Lip Gloss: 




Impressions:

First I want to start off by saying I am in love with the colors in this palette. I feel like I can use every color and that makes me very happy. I bought this palette for the eye shadow, as I am a eye shadow junkie. All the rest was just a perk.

There are a few colors that did not show up well in my swatches. I think 3, they are all very light nude shades and blended in with the skin tone on my arm. They do show up on my lids. 

I like the blush and bronzer. I do not care for the lip gloss much. I mean it shows up okay, but I am not a sticky gloss kinda gal. The concealers are also okay, they are not junk but they do not give full coverage. 


This is a neutral to warm palette, so if you are cool toned there may not be a lot in here you can wear. Over all I am very pleased and I would buy this palette again. I did not have any problems with the eye shadow being overly powdery. I really think this is a great bargain.



I just remembered, I have this picture I took when it first arrived. So here is an example of it in the sunlight. 
If you think you might be interested in signing up for Ipsy then click HERE to go to their site. I have bought a few things from them and love being able to get items super cheap. I'm sure by now you all know, I love to save cash. 

Reminder: Please check out our Facebook Giveaway. One lucky person will win 9 awesome products. I can't wait to see who I am sending them too! To check it out click the image below. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment